kernel source and nVidia drivers

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 15 23:28:50 UTC 2006

I also made a logical lin between /usr/src/linux and
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4-i686

When I run NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run it seems to start up okay,
builds the driver then gives this error:
   "unable to load kernel module nvidia.ko"

comments also include that the wrong source may be installed - I don't
think so since I used yum install kernel-devel -or -
the kernel source is not installed.

Question:  after using yum install kernel-devel do i have to do anything
to make it useable and visible to the nvidia installer?

Thanks again,

Bob