ata Timeout 0x35 0x25 during fc4 install

dan shepard dan at netwerk-x.com
Mon Jan 16 02:55:26 UTC 2006

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ with an ASUS A8N-VM CSM Motherboard, 2GB
ECC RAM and 2 Western Digital WD4000KD 400GB Hard Drives.

I am loading the sata_nv driver during setup.

When I try to install FC4 64 using Software RAID 1 I get ata timeout
errors during the format and the install eventually dies after several
hours.

ata1: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x1
ata2: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x1

sometimes

ata1: command 0x25 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x1
ata2: command 0x25 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stat 0x1

I am able to install FC4 64 if I don't do Software RAID. I can install
on both drives.

I am able to install FC4 x86 using Software RAID 1.

I have tried ide=nodma and pci=noapci and encountered the same problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions to
help me get FC4 64 Installed with RAID 1?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan