spam filtering

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 16 11:15:45 UTC 2006

Justin Zygmont wrote:
> hi, I was using postfix and was wondering what the best method would be
> to discard all messages that have been marked as spam in the subject
> line.  I guess spamassassin just prosesses email, but doesnt remove
> them, has anyone setup procmail with postfix to work well?

I run postfix, spamassassinn & imap on the server. I use blocklists to
reject known spam sites, postfix header checks to block misconfigured
mail servers (eg the helo name must be well-formed and resolve) and SA
to mark up probable/possible spam.

It's my view it's up to individual users to take it from there, using
SA's markup to filter in their email clients.

Note, I don't change the subject line, they need to filter on SA's headers.

For myself, I mostly point pine at the inboxes and delete offers of
low-cost software and of personal performance improvers and such: pine
does not go opening the next email, unlike the Mozilla family.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait