KDE vs Gnome

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 17:27:03 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 11:19, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Michael D. Berger wrote:
> > Which should I use: KDE or Gnome?
> > Someone told me that software people (which I am)
> > should use KDE, but he didn't say why.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike.
> >
> What desktop looks/feels best to you? This question about like
> asking what make of car should you drive.

You should drive a Dodge of course!  :)

Such questions are not something others can decide for you.  You can try
both and decide which you like.  Unless you are a Desktop Purest (cue
suitably religious music in background) you can run most KDE and Gnome
applications under either environment.  It just means you have
components of both on your system.

Most likely the first one you use will be the one you like.  Ugly
duckling syndrome in action.

And you should really drive a Dodge.  :)