Parse Email to MySQL???

Mauriat Miranda mirandam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:21:13 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, David Cary Hart <Fedora at tqmcube.com> wrote:

> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> opined:
> > Try setting the LDFLAGS environment variable to "-L/usr/lib/mysql"
> > before running the build and see if that helps. Otherwise, if there's an
> > option in the configure script/makefile/whatever to specify where to
> > look for libraries, try getting it to look in /usr/lib/mysql.

Oddly I tried exporting LDFLAGS before configure, but it seemed to ignore it.

> Thanks but it's hopeless. I'll sort this out from scratch with PHP. I also
> install gmime from extras.

Not hopeless. I just decided to try this out. Just a crude hack.

After running configure, I edited 'Makefile'
I changed line #4 from:
LIBS=-lmysqlclient $(PKGD_LIBS)
to:
LIBS=-L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient $(PKGD_LIBS)

Works for me.

-Mauriat