Accessing Thunderbird email in terminal

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jan 16 22:35:10 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I can't install anything on the machines. The best I can do is a Java
> spplet running in a web browser, that will most likely be IE (Portable
> Firefox does not support Java, and very few machines have Firefox). If
> I can forward X to a Java applet in a browser, that would be great. I
> will only be on any given machine for a few hours at most, and the
> next day I will be on anothe rcompletly different machine.
>
> I read through the weirdX site, but I'm still not clear- can I run it
> in a browser? No mention of a browser in the faqs.
>
> Dotan Cohen

The install instructions cover it.
http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/INSTALL

USAGE AS AN APPLET
==================
Copy "misc/weirdx.jar" and "misc/weirdx.html" to some directory,
which is accessible through a http server, then open weirdx.html
with a web browser via a http server. If everything goes well,
WeirdX will start in your web browser.
In default setting, WeirdX use display-name
'<your hostname>:2.0' .
If you have Java Plug-in, try 'weirdx-JRE12.html'.

In some situations, JVM may throw the Security Exception.
WeirdX must gain access to TCP port(6002) and JVM may reject to do so.

Mikkel