Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 00:24:10 UTC 2006

Hi

>Just wanted to say thanks to Rahul for showing patience and dealing with
>all of us grumpy people who wish things happened differently than they
>do. I am presently dealing with issues on my other system which was
>upgraded from 3 to 4 a few weeks ago in anticipation of this day.
>
>Thanks
>
>Craig

You are welcome. Wishing that the release updates would continue from
Fedora Core developers for FC3  for more than a year and two months
might be more reasonable if the updates end right there but its not.
Fedora Legacy is continuing to provide security and critical bug fixes
as long as there is people behind it to do the required work which might
run into more years. Everyone within RH involved on this project is
already doing tons of work required to sustain the pace of development.
Our resources are not unlimited. Adding additional burden by extending
the updates cycle within RH is going to affect this project negatively.
I am signing up do some of the stuff for Fedora Legacy in this release.
Yes, the work required is not very sexy to put it mildly but someone
needs to do it if they care about it.

--
Rahul