Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 17 06:56:28 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>> I I don't want to join it for the sake of a month; I wish to go from
>> three to five. I prefer not to rejig my yum configurations and/or
>> up2date configurations, and I don't wish to go to four at this late
>> state.
>

> Pretty simple. Continue getting updates from Fedora Legacy till Fedora
> Core 5 is released.

Take your fingers out of you ears; I alread said that's not what I want
to do.

>> "responsibility to contribute."
>>
>> Jo and I don't contribute? You gotta be joking. We've both been
>> helping out on these lists for years (with a minor break or two when
>> RH left us).
>

> If you would like to get updates from Fedora Legacy project for a longer
> duration you will have to contribute to that project specifically which
> is what I meant earlier in context.

We don't want to get updates from FL. We'd like support for the outgoing
release (FC3 now, FC4 next time) to remain as it was until the second
successor is out and (somewhat) stabilised, so there are always two
releases supported by FP.

Jo and I (and a lot of others) switched from RH back when RH announced
its changed arrangements, and the commencement of the Fedora project
because neither RH not FC provided what we wanted.

We've dabbled in others including Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE,
Mandrake/Mandribble and some others.

I currently run Debian/Woody, Debian/Sarge, Ubuntu, FC3, SUSE 10 and
WBEL, so I know what the major alternatives are,

We're asking just for a teensy extension to the support offered by FP.
Instead of 13 months for FC3, maybe 14 (FC5+1 say, instead of FC5-1).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait