OT(?) FC2 Very slow printing to HP DeskJet 870Cse

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Tue Jan 17 10:53:56 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:
> It ran 0.7% to 1.3% (max, not often hit) during a test print.
> That is CPU utilization. So I don't think it is CPU limited.

On FC4, one can create a custom device (instead of /dev/lp0),
and send the output to /tmp/printer.out (create this file first,
with 777 permission). Try this, and see how long it takes to print
to the file.

Try to copy the file to /dev/lp0 and see how long that takes.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk