K3b sees 4.7GB DVD+R as 4.4 GB

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 16:11:06 UTC 2006

Markku Kolkka wrote:
> Michael A. Peters kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 17.
> tammikuuta 2006 05:54):
>
>>The SI units are m (meter), k (kilogram), s (second)
>

> Actually, the SI base units are metre (m), kilogram (kg), second

Correct. The spellings "meter", "liter", "gramme", and their derivatives
are not considered normative. Also "deka" is not considered
normative. I believe that the alternate spellings are generally
considered acceptable, however.

> (s), ampere (A), kelvin (K), mole (mol) and candela (cd).
> http://www.bipm.fr/en/si/base_units/
>

>>pico, nano, milli, centi, kilo, mega, etc. are metric
>>abbreviations - not SI abbreviations.
 >

> Wrong, the prefixes are part of SI:
> http://www.bipm.fr/en/si/prefixes.html

Well, actually, they are both, I guess, unless one considers
the metric system to be obsoleted or superceded. Hmm. Maybe
not nano. I'm pretty sure pico was brought in by SI and is
not also metric.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.