Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 16:27:34 UTC 2006

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> Well I guess all this is a matter of opinion. To me the response to a
> complaint of "that is how we always did it" is puerile. You seem to be
> the redhat representative in this discussion it seems to me you could
> spend some of your time communicating to the "powers" about  our
> feelings than just defending the decision blindly.

It doesn't seem to me that this is what Rahul is doing. He's pointing
out that this is not the right forum. His claim (IIUI) is that the
people who need to see these messages for the most part don't take
time to read this forum. He's suggested a place to post where they
do read, so...

> After all your explanations I can't understand why it would hurt
> anything or anyone to delay the movement of FC3 to legacy until after
> FC5 release. People in the "community" are saying that this decision
> makes it more difficult for them.
>
> This follows multiple decisions the RedHat has made that the list
> members have felt was wrong and not once have I detected a willingness
> on Red Hat's part to reconsider the decision.

Did you put any of your concerns where Rahul said they would have
effect?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.