Cups Problems

David Henry Wild dhwlinux at talktalk.net
Tue Jan 17 16:45:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 14:27 -0800, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > I'm getting a cups-lpr service unavailable from
> > system-config-printer-gui.  The cups, cups-config-daemon and
> cups-lpr
> > services are all enabled.  What else should I be checking???
>
> point your browser at
>
> http://127.0.0.1:631

I'm having a similar problem with a Canon S200 printer (which works from
the XP side of the machine).
When I go to "631" it offers me the chance to add a printer; when I have
input the details on the first page, I get a small square with a "down
button" asking for the device.
What do I put in there - it doesn't seem to accept any key that I press?