'GPL encumbrance problems'

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 17 20:20:00 UTC 2006

From: "Andy Green" <andy at warmcat.com>

Andy, I am a software developer by trade. I use it to earn my daily bread
and board. If I develop in an environment that involves GPL I cannot see a
model that will continue to feed me and house me unless I take up a side
job asking, "Do you want to supersize that, sir?" or sit at my own help
desk all day instead of developing. GPL contaminates things too thoroughly.
I am not a lawyer. I just read that document and basically stay away from
GPL except for some recreational coding I've done.

{^_^}