Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 18 02:11:26 UTC 2006

From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

> On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 17:53, jdow wrote:
>
>> Rahul, I suspect it would be a good idea if they visited this list from
>> time to time to get a sense of the "buzz". That is what I do with the
>> LKML list. (Which is what convinces me that 2.6 is a development kernel
>> rather than a stable kernel, even number notwithstanding. 2.6.15 hardly
>> resembles 2.6.12 in much of any regard. And 16's going to be farther
>> afield. It seems like Linus has lost control. But that's another rant,
>> or should be. {^_-}
>
> You make it sound like that's a surprise - or a change. Serious
> problems were still being fixed up though about X.X.20 of the
> previous kernel "stable" releases.

Oddly, I see a basic difference between making extreme changes in the
modules in the Kernel and fixing bugs. The changes are big enough that
they introduce their own serious bugs from time to time. (Latest is NFS
crawling at about 1/4 speed. One thing I looked at closely was the
changes to NTP operation. I have tools for setting up a GPS reference
here. But the kernel's been changing that area faster than I can keep
up. So I've not been motivated to get that GPS antenna outside yet.)

{^_^}   Joanne