Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Jan 18 14:02:27 UTC 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>
> >I guess I can add my psychotic two cents. I understood Fedora to be
> >seriously beta, testing software, which I was encouraged to use, and
> >potientially break on the rack of weird hardware or hard usage, in return
> >for letting people know about the experience.
> >
> There is some pretty serious efforts going on to make sure that is not
> beta software and it is latest but robust.
>
> Fedora Bug Triaging - > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers
>
> Getting a full time QA person exclusively for Fedora ->
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-January/msg00572.html
>
> I think the current FC5 test 2 looks good. YMMV.

Ok. Perhaps I should have added quotes around "beta". And I didn't mean to
sting some hardworking people who are busy keeping bugs out of the field.
Still, I understand Fedora releases to be works in progress with a limited
expected lifetime, the potiential for issues which need resolving, and
support a user community.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown