Boot cd

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed Jan 18 17:44:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 13:39 +0000, Francisco España wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded FC4-i386-disc1, 2, 3 and 4 I un zip them and then I burn
> them in cd's. My bios is configurater for that, but with the cd on the
> drive my fedora core does not boot to start the instalation, why is
> that?  I have red hat 8.0 and when I put the cd on the drive it boot
> with no problem and works fine.
>
> Thank for your help.
>
> Francisco.

Francisco,

I had the same problem with a CD drive of an older E-Machine.  For some
reason the boot process of Red Hat 8.0 booted without difficulty with
it, but the boot process of FC4 would not.  I had to switch to a
different CD drive and it worked fine.   Sorry, but I can not remember
the name of the drive that would not work and it is at another office.
I can get that information for you if you need it, but try switching CD
drives to one that is more recent in age.... that worked for me.

Hope this helps!!!

Greg