Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jan 18 16:00:57 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 9:22 pm, Robert Locke wrote:
> Well, let me just jump in say that *I* request that FP not change their
> policy.  I knew going in that I was on a forced march.  This has been
> the policy since Day 1.  I started with FC1, and a few weeks after FC2
> release upgraded to that, then FC3, then FC4.  The point of my use of FC
> is to experience where Red Hat is going with RHEL, not as a production
> system (though it is my primary OS on my laptop).  I do not want the
> developers wasting their time on FC3 anymore.  I want them spending
> their time getting FC5 in better shape as crunch time is here to get it
> ready heading in to test3 then release.  I want it fairly stable so that
> a few weeks after it's release it will be ready for me to upgrade to.
>
> While, in theory, it is not much effort to continue "supporting" the old
> release,

I'm not sure about this comment, given what Dave Jones said....

> it is a further distraction that *I* would prefer they not
> spend *any* time on.  As a community member I fully endorse the current
> arrangement.....

I otherwise agree with the above -- as an end user, I appreciate the current
pace of development, and when I need stability I use MEPIS or PCLinuxOS, both
of which I run extensively in situations where I care more about long-term
stability than latest features. Let it be said that there is also 'strong'
sentiment to keep things in Fedora-land as they are...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA