Private Mirror/Repository

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 19 06:03:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 15:12 -0800, alan wrote:
> One of the methods I used for Mac OS X updates was to use squid as a
> proxy with a big monster cache.  Every time it went to look for the
> files, if it already existed it would pull the copy from the proxy,
> not from the net.  First one to look for the file pulled it down for
> everyone else to use.

Works for Windows too, but not Fedora because YUM uses a different
mirror each time, by default (well recently it change to using the same
mirror for YUM updates that you do close together, timewise).  To simply
proxy YUM updates, you need to reconfigure YUM to always use the same
address.

I read messages from the public lists.