YumEx problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 19 13:14:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 07:42 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> This has been my experience with Yumex since day one. It seems to take
> much longer to find mirrors, download the lists, build the database,
> and produce output than any of the other package managers.

I've always found Yumex slow, and it got even more painfully slow when
the "Groups" thing was added to the side bar on the left.  It's slow to
get the data it needs, it's very slow to handle the data it's been
given, and the rinse, lather, repeat way that it behaves after doing a
download and install is annoying - just let me quit, or install more,
after an install, don't refetch and reparse the list.

Thesedays I only use Yumex if I want an easy way to *find* something to
install from a repo, or only install some of the things that are waiting
to be updated.

I read messages from the public lists.