mail-notification-evolution for FC4?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Jan 19 14:13:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 14:18 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 19.01.2006, 08:04 -0500 schrieb James Pifer:
> > Does anyone know if there's a package for mail-notification-evolution
> > for FC4? Tried yum, but did not work for me.
>
> There isn't one in fedora-extras. mail-notification needs the full
> source of evolution-2.2 to build the evolution plug-in. The maintainer
> chose that doing something like that in the srpm was quite bad and not
> worth the trouble and chose not to package it. But mail-notification
> builds fine with evolution-devel 2.3 or higher and due to that is
> enabled in extras-rawhide and will be in Fedora Extras 5.

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, if I have the evolution source I
can build mail-notification with evolution support from source.

I installed evolution-devel, so now I have the following packages for
evolution:
evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4
evolution-devel-2.2.3-2.fc4
evolution-webcal-2.2.0-1
evolution-data-server-1.2.3-3.fc4

I also tried installing evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4.src.rpm, but it didn't
seem to install any files. So I extracted the rpm files and also
uncompressed evolution-2.2.3.tar.bz2 to /install/mail-
notification-2.0/evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4.src.

I tried:
./configure --with-evolution-source-dir=/install/mail-
notification-2.0/evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4.src/evolution-2.2.3

and I tried:
./configure --with-evolution-source-dir=/install/mail-
notification-2.0/evolution-2.2.3-2.fc4.src

It says it still can't find evolution, see below. And should I have
GMime installed, looks like I need that? Tried yum'ing it without
success, so I'll google for that.

Any thoughts on the evolution piece?

Thanks,
James

Mail Notification 2.0 is ready to be built.
The following settings will be used:

Installation prefixes
  --prefix                     /usr
  --exec-prefix                ${prefix}

Installation directories
  --bindir                     ${exec_prefix}/bin
  --datadir                    ${prefix}/share
  --sysconfdir                 ${prefix}/etc
  --libdir                     ${exec_prefix}/lib

Mailbox backends
  --enable-mbox                no (GMime not found)
  --enable-mh                  no (GMime not found)
  --enable-maildir             no (GMime not found)
  --enable-pop3                no (GMime not found)
  --enable-imap                no (GMime not found)
  --enable-gmail               yes
  --enable-evolution           no (Evolution not found)
  --enable-sylpheed            no (GMime not found)

POP3 and IMAP features
  --enable-ssl                 no (POP3 and IMAP support disabled)
  --enable-sasl                no (POP3 and IMAP support disabled)
  --enable-ipv6                no (POP3 and IMAP support disabled)