Boot cd

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 19 16:23:58 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 08:18 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:
>
>>and would like to add that IMHO *nothing* can force a person
>>to read instructions until after they try what they think is correct
>>and hit a brick wall because they did it wrong.
>

> Hmm, something that could be put on the download page:

What might be even better is to point to the image only
*through* the document which specifies how to burn the image.

Like this:

	[] Click here to download the FC5 images

which points to a page with....

	[] Click here to download for Windows
	[] Click here to download for Linux
	[] Click here for expert download

Each (except expert) points to a page like this...

	The image you are about to download requires special
	techniques for writing to CD. If you already know
	how to burn an ISO to CD, you may <skip> this portion
	of the instructions. (<skip> is a clickable link to
	skip over the instructions pointing down below)

	(more instructions here)

	[] Click here to download the images

This last link goes to the same location marked above for "expert
download".

What do you think?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.