The fedora 4 SOA slave expired

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 19 16:38:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 08:30 -0500, Ho Howard wrote:
> The new version of Fedora 4 seems has a difference from Fedora 1.
> In the Fedora 4, the salve fails to contact the master name server if
> the SOA expircy value is exipred.     Does anyone know why and
> solution to fix this problem?

I can only guess that you're talking about the BIND DNS server on
Fedora.  In which case it's not "Fedora" but how BIND version whatever
it was back then versus BIND version whatever you have now, and you
should be asking people about BIND (or "named" as it's generically
referred to), to properly get the attention of people.

If this is the case, have you looked at the BIND documentation (it has
its own website - it's the "Berkeley Internet Name Domain" daemon, not a
"Fedora" thing).  Or, if you're using another name server daemon, its
documentation.

Thus far, I hadn't noticed a slave zone in my BIND not updating itself,
I'll look more closely at it and see if it's doing it when it should.

I read messages from the public lists.