System clock running at double time - D955XBK MB with Intel Pent. D 830 CPU

David J. Vernon redhat at ladadee.com
Thu Jan 19 19:33:16 UTC 2006

My system with a D955XBK motherboard and a Pentium D 830 CPU is leaping
ahead into the future. The system clock is gaining about a min. for
every min. or real time. I saw a post from Nov. that said to add noapic
to the grub kernel line. I did that but then the system will not get
past the hardware part of the udev initialization. I would really
appreciate any links or guidance anyone could give.

Dave