xfs - gui - recent updates

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 13:32:58 UTC 2006

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> I will try anything at this point so I appreciate your help.
> Unfortunately it did not work.  When I watch the boot process xfs starts
> without a problem, but when I look for it after the boot it is missing.
> xfs was set to be on for run levels 3,4,5 on these boxes by way of the
> defaults.  The desktop was set to "GNOME" and the DISPAYMANAGER was not
> listed.  I made the entries as you suggested but it still did not
> present with a normal login screen.
>
> I can use "system-config-display" remotely by using "ssh -Y name".  I
> have switched monitors and resolutions to try to find something that
> works, but to no avail.

If I recall correctly, xfs worked fine originally, but stopped working
after an update?

You could always try
rpm -Fvh --oldpackage xfs-whatever.rpm
to replace the current XFS package with the original one off the CD /
DVD, and see if that makes any difference...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Banana in disk drive error
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |