open port !!!

Guido Leisker lists.gl at guido-leisker.de
Fri Jan 20 15:54:50 UTC 2006

>>>Are you completely sure you are actually opening a port and not a socket?
>>

>>IMHO it is technical not possible to do that.
>>If it is, it is not a bug; its a feature! ;)
>

> I am confused -- you mean 'not possible' port-wise or socket-wise?
>
> =)

I cant introduce how to applications should listen on one and the same
port with same protocoll.
How should the client know to which socket he should connect? The only
information he has are: IP-Address, Port, Protocol.

IMHO there may be more than one binded sockets to transfer data, but
allway only one who is listen for new requests.