Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Jan 21 06:53:04 UTC 2006

Hi

>I agree this is a dead horse but it should not be. We are either a
>community or we are not. Red Hat is in business and they can do with
>there products what they want to. But then don't ask us to put money
>into a Fedora Foundation where we can pay out money to be ignored.
>
>And when we complain we get the Red Hat shuffle. Go complain on a
>different list so we can be ignored on two lists at the same time.
>I am not concerned so much with Fedora or Red Hat not be able to do
>what we think aught to be done but the fact that it is made obvious
>that they will not even consider or opinions is intolerable.
>
>I am not going to switch distributions but I resent our opinions being
>ignored out of hand. And Raul that is exactly what your company is
>doing no matter what you say.

A community oriented project does not mean that that the community
demands things and it gets done. Red Hat does not have unlimited
resources for maintaining updates forever for something thats given away
for free.

See fedora-devel list discussions at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-January/msg00744.html.
In particular
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-January/msg00961.html

 It just means that the community can participate and improve things. If
you care about improving the update lifecycle, you should join the
Fedora Legacy project

http://legacy.fedoraproject.org

--
Rahul