Blurry monitor on FC4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:06:02 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I have often felt that it is difficult to read text on my FC4 machine,
> > but I thought that it may be a monitor issue (Proview 774). Today I
> > temporarily connected the monitor to an XP Home machine and the text
> > was perfectly clear. Is there anything that I can do to clean up the
> > text? Here is part of a screenshot:
> > http://dotancohen.com/text.png165
>
> I couldn't find any info on that monitor.  Is it a flat panel display?
> If so, you need to be running at its preferred resolution, and the
> monitor may need to be told to adapt itself to the bit clock, which
> likely differs between Linux and Windows-XP.
>
> Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.

Thanks fo the reply. It is not a flat panel display. I just spent some
time on google and could not find it! There are two monitors that
_seem_ to be the same:
Proview DX777
Proview MZ777

Although they both clain a 1280*1024 max resolution and the most that
I had been able to coax ut of this monitor was 1024*768, though that
may be a limitation of my graphics card (cheap on board).

Dotan Cohen

http://ie-only.com