Using a WiFi network card as an access point for my psp

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 21 03:53:49 UTC 2006

Mark Jordan wrote:
>>Something like this should do:
>>iwconfig eth1 mode master essid stuffed key s:stiffed
>>
>>I don't recall how to turn off beacon broadcasts.
>>

> Can anyone recommend a wifi card that is well supported by Linux?
>
> bumpity  bumpbump  bump.

Anything labelled "atheros" (and I've seen d-link and netgear cards that
bear that appelation) should be fine. but you will probably have to
download drivers separately or build your own on FC or Debian.

In SUSE 10 and *buntu breezy, the Atheros wireless in my laptopn just
works. See www.madwifi.org.

If 11b is sufficitent, orinoco and wavelan are fine (and the pcmcia
cards accept an external antenna).

Some prism54 cards are good, but those I have were only sold under the
brandname I purchased in Australia: they are rebadged Allnet 27s (I
think) from .de, See prism54.org for more.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait