Blurry monitor on FC4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:17:17 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Joe Barnett <joe.barnett at mr72.com> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 1/21/06, jdow <jdow at earthlink.net160> wrote:
> >> From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com161>

> >> Run the refresh rate back down to 60Hz and see if it will make it to
> >> 1280x1024.
> >> {^_-}
> >>

> > No, it did not give me that option. I switched to 60 Hz, made the
> > change effective (horrible flashing monitor), but the option of higher
> > resolution was not there. I know that there is a config files that i
> > can edit, but I'm not sure that would be wise.
> >

> I think someone mentioned this already, but try setting refresh to
> 75 Hz.  I have an old Sony 100ES (15" Trinitron).  Capable of
> 1024x768 at 85Hz refresh, but setting it to 75Hz greatly improved
> the picture.  I, too, was having issues with blurry fonts and such
> at 85Hz.
>
> Joe

No, it was still blurry at 75, and at 70 Hz. It may be a fault of the
machine- I just fired up Gnome and things didn't look any better. I
think that there is some LiveCD version of Win98 that I will try to
get going on the computer, just to see if the fonts come out any
better.

Thanks, everybody. I appreciate all the good advice.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/how_can_i_be_safe_online.html
\\