Remodifying Yum Updater

under.actuate at gmail.com under.actuate at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:43:29 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Thomas Springer <th.springer at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 21.01.2006, 13:14 -0700 schrieb under.actuate at gmail.com:
> > OK, I entered rpm --freshen yum, and the result was
>
> I am sorry.
>
> When using long-options style you have to do
>
> rpm --freshen=yum
>
> The short-option for this is
>
> rpm -F yum
>
> I gave you the first just to make more clear what the option is for.
>
> > error: open of yum failed: No such file or directory
> >
> > So, how do you suppose I'd fix this?
> >
> > Jared
>
> Jared,
> please don't top-post !
>

> Thomas

> --

I'm not sure what you mean by top-post.  I'm guessing I should reply like
this?

Well, when I enter "rpm --freshen=yum" I get
rpm: no packages given for install

When I enter "rpm -F yum" I get
error: open of yum failed: No such file or directory

Just entering yum update I get
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

I've checked my .repo files and they should be good.  What causes an invalid
baseur1 for repo: core?

Jared