Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jan 22 11:54:10 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 01:21, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>Very unlikely.  RHEL is too boring for a community to participate. It is
>>almost stagnant which is great for enterprises but not for the
>>community. If RHEL would have been suitable for everyone Red Hat wouldnt
>>started Fedora or vice versa.
>>

>Your argument would be more convincing if you could point out
>some directions that FC has taken that are more in the
>community interest than in building the next RHEL.  Can you?

I already explained several occasions before. Packages have been moved
from Fedora Core to Extras even though RHEL needed it. Packages have
been introduced first in RHEL because it fit first into the enterprise
space better. Packages are there in Fedora Extras even it would never go
into RHEL because the community enabled it to happen. Packages are being
maintained in Fedora Legacy long after Red Hat stopped doing it because
the community again did the work. They have helped in documentation, bug
triaging, websites, infrastructure and so on. Fedora is beyond just
Fedora Core.

--
Rahul