Bios flashing w/fed4_64

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jan 22 15:35:02 UTC 2006

George Hare wrote:
> Has anyone done any bios flashing using Fedora? My boot screen goes by
> so fast I can't read it; it looks like Alt-F2. Does it actually need
> it. Everything seems to be working just fine as is. It's an Abit KV8
> Pro.
> Thanks,
>
> G. Hare
>
>From what I understand about flashing the BIOS, you will have
trouble doing it on any multi-tasking OS. Most flashing utilities
require booting DOS. The few I have seen that run under Windows
put window into the same mode. Between timing restrictions, and
the fact that accessing the BIOS while programing it is not a good
idea, I do not expect to see being able to do it any time soon.

Mikkel