Re: Trivial question

Am Sonntag, den 22.01.2006, 10:14 +0000 schrieb Paul Howarth:

> "yum localinstall" would be much more useful I think if it supported a
> "--gpgcheck=0" option so that you could install packages from places not
> listed in your yum configuration etc. without having to temporarily edit
> out the "gpgcheck=1" from /etc/yum.conf. Seth won't do it in yum itself
> because he feels it's a job for a plugin. Unfortunately I don't speak
> python so I can't write the plugin myself.

I haven't ever done this I want to believe that you can use
the yum shell for such purpose.

# yum shell
Setting up Yum Shell

% config gpgcheck
gpgcheck: True
% config gpgcheck 0
% config gpgcheck
gpgcheck: False
//->proceed with install
> exit

Another way I can imagine of doing this is to enable gpgcheck in your
[repoid].repo and disable it [main]

Maybe,maybe.

Thomas