Fetchmail socket problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 18:01:05 UTC 2006

Although the .fetchmailrc that I'm using for testing is a section from a
working one on the old server, I'm getting what appears to be socket
errors.  I've googled and found lots of similar questions, but no
answers.  This is what happens:

fetchmail --verbose --keep
fetchmail: 6.2.5.5 querying mailbox.co.uk (protocol POP3) at Sun 22 Jan
2006 05:48:12 PM GMT: poll started
fetchmail: 6.2.5.5 querying mailbox.co.uk (protocol POP3) at Sun 22 Jan
2006 05:48:12 PM GMT: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 2

This is the .fetchmail rc for that account:

set logfile "~/fetchmail.log"

poll mailbox.co.uk
	proto pop3 port 124
	via localhost
	user "pop3.mailbox.co.uk:myaccount"
	pass "mypass"
	is anne at mylocal.lan fetchall

Nothing is being written to ~/fetchmail.log.

I know there is one test email in that mailbox - I've checked it by
webmail.

Can anyone help, please?

Anne