FC4 - How can I have access to my Windows partition from Fedora?

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Sun Jan 22 19:39:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:08:35AM -0800, Hoffmann wrote:

> When I run: mount -t ntfs,ro /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
>
> I got the following error: mount: mount point
> /mnt/windows does not exist
>
> Could I hear from you again?
>
> Thanks,
> Hoffmann
> ps: Which command should I use in order to determine
> my partitions (hda1, hda2, etc.)?

As root, enter /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/hda [or /dev/hdb, etc.] to see your
existing partitions.

Your first problem is probably due to you not having a mount point
defined on your disk. As root:

ls -l /mnt

If you don't see 'windows' listed, then create the directory:

mkdir /mnt/windows

then try again.

--
Jim Kaufman