Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 02:01:21 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 18:36, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>>I wasn't able to find any when I tried a couple of days ago.  Sure,
>>>anyone can do this, but wouldn't it be a good idea for someone
>>>who cared about promoting the project to make sure it actually
>>>works and is kept up to date.  In fact if such a person had
>>>done it with FC5 test1 he would have noticed that it didn't
>>>work right and might have been able to get it fixed before the
>>>iso image release.
>>>

>>So see someone would have to not only include it but also test and
>>support it.
>>

>No, as a side effect of this install the Fedora distribution
>would be tested, and if anyone cared it could be fixed before
>releasing the broken iso images.

Guess we have to miss out testing from people who refuse to use the
vmware images regardless of the fact that it has already been provided
in http://fedorareloaded.com just like we miss out supporting all those
whizbang proprietary kernel drivers by design and if you are testing
FC5test2, I would appreciate feedback to fedora-test list. Thanks.

>If making a product easy to test and install isn't a
>priority, I'm afraid the project may become irrelevant.

It is not acceptable to deviate from stated goals. Thats what will
destroy what the project is all about.

--
Rahul