Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 02:31:19 UTC 2006

Hi

>I disagree.  A virtual machine is no more proprietary than a
>physical machine.  Do we have any complaints about running
>under any particular physical machine?

A physical machine might not require proprietary drivers or software to
support it. A proprietary vm image requires a proprietary software to
support it. See the difference now?

>>Mike, you're smarter than this.  I know it, I've seen it.  Give up this crusade.
>>

>I'll give up when I'm convinced that I've presented the
>point in an understandable way.  So far no one has responded
>in a way that makes me think they have any consideration
>for an end user at all.  How about this approach: do
>you want to control the first impression a lot of people
>will have or not?

Its a test release dude.

> VMware images will almost certainly be
>made.  Let's assume they'll be done badly and not maintained.

Why do you assume that. Check http://fedorareloaded.com. Let me know
what is done badly?

>Would, for example, the FC5 test1 install with video that
>is partly doubled and out-of-sync looking be a good thing
>for new users to find as their first test drive?

Considering that its a first test release of a rapidly developed system
I consider that acceptable. Can you kindly let me know the bug report
number of this video issue so that I can check its not still present in
the second test release and several updates after that?

> If the
>image building is left to disinterested outsiders or perhaps
>even people with a vested interest in other distributions, that
>is very likely to happen.

Like I said it is being done by Red Hat people with a very close
association and interest in the project. The only thing thats being done
is that the work is not associated with the project at any formal level.
So go take it for the test ride and let us know the results in
fedora-test list. Hope that helps.

--
Rahul