Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 02:52:04 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 20:01, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>>No, as a side effect of this install the Fedora distribution
>>>would be tested, and if anyone cared it could be fixed before
>>>releasing the broken iso images.
>>>

>>Guess we have to miss out testing from people who refuse to use the
>>vmware images regardless of the fact that it has already been provided
>>in http://fedorareloaded.com just like we miss out supporting all those
>>whizbang proprietary kernel drivers by design and if you are testing
>>FC5test2, I would appreciate feedback to fedora-test list. Thanks.
>>

>Thanks - I guess the Jan 22. date explains why I couldn't find
>it on Friday.  Note that I plan to run this on a machine
>where I'd be very uncomfortable about letting new and
>untested drivers touch real hardware, no matter how whizbang
>they claim to be.

They cant possibly damage modern hardware.

>I expect it to greatly decrease the time
>until I am comfortable with using it on a real system, though.

Real systems are better than vmware or xen instances for good testing
for several reasons. So even if you can grab such images one way or the
other, I would recomming testing in on the hardware directly rather than
using virtualisation layers which do no exposure all the hardware for
bare testing. Looking forward to feedback on the fedora-test list. Thanks.

--
Rahul