rsync with ssh on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 06:14:36 UTC 2006

hey friends,

I am trying to copy the contents of some directories(/opt & /home) on my
servers to another machine through rsync. The problem I am facing is that
ssh is very restricted in my domain that is

         ssh is running on some other port(50,000)
         only few users r allowed access.

rsync -pzv -e "ssh -l demo --port=50000" --progress demo at host::mail
/home/demo/ demo.swx

demo is the user on other machine and it has the rights to do ssh, the
machine is running on port 50000
and the file i want to copy is demo.swx.Right now I am trying to copy only
one file but I need to copy few directories.

what should be the syntax of rsync for my scenario.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover