Fedora Core 3 Transferred to Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 23 08:47:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 17:17 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> >I could do (and did) that upstream, I could do so (and did) with RHL,
> >before Fedora, I could do so with RHEL.
> >
> >In comparison to RHL, nothing has changed for me, except that I am
> >building and shipping packages through the FE build system, instead of
> >building them myself. Both situations have/had pros and cons, which
> >approximately balance each other.
> >
> >So, in the end, nothing much has changed "by Fedora having been
> >introduced".
> >

> Fedora Extras enabled by default makes a huge difference.
As I've said many times before, if using pure rpm based
installation/updates it doesn't make any difference.

> >Well, the question is: Does it need a foundation?
> >

> It is being created
... by RH, not by community ...

> because the community wanted assurance that their
> work will remain open source, defensible and to serve other stated goals.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundation
It's the work-around RH has decided by themselves, because RH found this
would be an applicable work-around. The community, so far,  has not, or
at least, only be negligibly been involved, and not even been informed
until last week.

Ralf