Bios flashing w/fed4_64

George Hare hare.george at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:17:27 UTC 2006

>Has anyone done any bios flashing using Fedora? My boot screen goes by
>so fast I can't read it; it looks like Alt-F2. Does it actually need
>it? Everything seems to be working just fine as is. It's an Abit KV8
>Pro.
>Thanks,

Thanks for all the replies, but no one answered "Does it actually need
it?" If it does, how can I do it, I only have Fed4 64 installed? Sorry
for the trouble, but this is all new to me and I have learned a great
deal reading this forum; You guys are very helpful.
I would also like to know why bios's need to be flashed. I have 2
Win98 cd's, is there a way to extract the flashing utility withou
installing it? Sorry for such a newbie post, I just want to learn.

Many thanks,

George