LCD recommendations please

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Mon Jan 23 17:17:44 UTC 2006

At 16:43 23/01/2006, you wrote:

>At present I have a CTX 17" CRT which works fine, but we are trying to
>move over to LCD's where possible. I would be grateful for any LCD
>recommendations, or any tips on what to watch out for with LCD's.
>

>Thanks,
>
>John.
>
>--

I've only got 20" monitors :-). The one at work is a Belinea. It's
fine for editing source files and doing CAD. But at home I do a bit
of photography as a hobby and I have a Samsung SM204T. The Samsung is
more expensive but I find that it's far better for setting up colours
and unlike some I can't see any dead pixels on it.

Like Andy said there is an auto adjust feature which should set it up
to fit the signal nicely onto the screen. I've not used the DVI
connection yet, because the setup at home has two PCs connected via a
KVM switch, so I'd have to buy two new graphics cards plus a DVI KVM switch.

Dave F