Fetchmail socket problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 19:51:57 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 Jan 2006 19:06, jdow wrote:

> It may be as simple as telling kmail to get NEW mail from the spool
> directory, /var/spool/mail/xxx. Or it may involve telling Dovecot
> to use the spool directories for incoming and the user home directory
> "mail" directory for storing the mail folders for imap. That chunk
> of documentation is not particularly trying. I managed to solve it.
> I think it involved a one liner:
> MAIL=/home/xxx/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/xxx

That makes sense.  I'll see if that makes a difference.  Right now the
logs seem to imply that I have transport problems, which is something
new since yesterday :-(  It's one big merry-go-round.

> {^_-}
>
> >> (I'm heading off to bed now. So I won't be able to follow up for
> >> "several hours".)
> >
> > Sleep well.
>
> Well, sorta. Winds are pushing 70 MPH gusts here. Loren and I are
> going to have to play chainsaw games to get out of the driveway.
> There seems to be a foot and a half diameter "branch" across it. The
> wind woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. Ah well, another
> night.
>
> {^_-}   The Chainsaw Babe (Well, I let Loren do that. I just try to
>         push 'em out of the way. But it does sound good.)

You have my sympathy.  Last winter I was visiting my daughter and we got
up after such a night to find a 50 foot tree down across the gateway.
Our home-coming was somewhat delayed ;-)

Anne