Whats with the KDE exploit? Is Fedora patched?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 23 20:15:50 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I know that News.com is one of those Microsoft cronies, but I quote:
> "A serious vulnerability has been found in the popular KDE open-source
> software bundle. The flaw, deemed "critical" by the research outfit the
> French Security Incident Response Team, could allow a remote
> attacker to gain control over vulnerable systems."
>
>> From here:
>>
> http://news.com.com/KDE+flaws+put+Linux,+Unix+systems+at+risk/2110-1002_3
> -6029297.html

Something like a Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures number is much more
useful as a reference.

Following the link in that article[1] gets you CVE-2006-0019, which was
patched in kdelibs-3.5.0-0.4.fc4 [2].

[1] - http://www.kde.org/info/security/advisory-20060119-1.txt
[2] -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2006-January/msg00056.html