How to compile in Fedora?

Teilhard Knight teilhk at softhome.net
Tue Jan 24 06:33:43 UTC 2006

OK, what do I need to be able to compile in Fedora?. I have a little
experience with Mandriva, and there all I need is the kernel-source, of the
kernel, of course. Once installed I can compile things like the drivers for
my wireless adapter, for example. But, I have searched for something similar
in Fedora, and simply I find nothing; there is no such thing like a
kernel-source in this distro. Not that the directory /usr/src is empty, it
contains something similar to Linux-x.x.x in Mandrva, and everything I have
tried looks in this directory for something called "Linux-xxx. Now, every
time I want to compile a tarballl or something in Fedora, there are errors
which seem to me due to the fact that I do not have the proper environment
to compile. Can someone tell me what to install to be able to compile?

Teilhard.