Does anybody else get delivery failure message

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 24 12:41:27 UTC 2006

Chasecreek Systemhouse:
>> Curious.  The list doesn't auto unsubscribe based upon such errors?

Don Russell:
> It sure it would if the bounce message went to the list server. Since I
> (and others) get the bounce-message, it would appear the list server
> thinks all is well. :-(

I was under the impression that these problem messages are being sent to
you directly (i.e. not through the list server).  You post to the list,
the list posts to the nitwit causing the problem, their software sees
your address in the messages and responds to you.

If so, the list can't do anything about that directly.  All that can be
done is find out which subscription address receives the list mail, and
kill it.  The nitwit doesn't get the list mail, doesn't get anything to
bounce back at you.

I don't get these because I had the foresight to sign up to the list as
if I was using usenet.  My "from" address is real, but belongs to a
mailbox of mine that I just do not look at.  I get the list mail
delivered to another address that I do not post from.  Output is
separated from input, so to speak, so things don't feedback on me.

I read messages from the public lists.