Booting FC from SCSI using NTLDR

Vicki Walsh v_walsh at talk21.com
Tue Jan 24 14:12:59 UTC 2006

After managing to set up Fedora on a Linux partition and boot using NTLDR to GRUB I want to go ahead and boot Fedora from a removable SCSI hard drive. I installed GRUB to the boot sector of the SCSI drive (root(hd1,0) setup (hd1,0)) then copied the first 512 to a .lnx file. I've added this to the boot.ini file and now NTLDR comes up with an option for windows, an option to boot to fedora on the Linux partion of the IDE drive and an option to boot the Fedora installed on the removable SCSI drive. When I select the last option I just get GRUB _ and then it hangs. I'm following the same procedure for what I did when setting to boot from the Linux partition and that worked fine. What am I doing wrong now?

  (I also tried grub-install --root-directory=\boot hd1
  Thanks,

  Vicki

  /boot partition is on the sda1 partition