Install to external USB?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jan 24 19:25:33 UTC 2006

I've got a couple of flavors of Linux running on an external USB drive on my
laptop. Both installed without major issues. I'd like to get rid of one and
replace it with FC5t2, but, the installer doesn't give me the option of
installing to the USB drive - it only sees the internal HD. I've tried
searching the list, but the only references to installing to external USB
HD's are very old. Can this be done? How can I get the installer to see SDA1?
I do see a reference in the early boot from CD process, to installing USB
devices and drivers, but no external USB drive is offered in the install
page.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA