apache problem with soft link

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Jan 24 23:46:48 UTC 2006

Michael D. Berger wrote:

>>>The strangest thing is that the problem is critically
>>>dependent on the soft link name.  I have tried numerous
>>>combinations, and can make no sense of it.  For example:

>>It does sound like Selinux like Gordon said.  Look at the

> As excellent suggestion.  I read the books about a year ago, and decided
> that at this point I did not need selinux, so I deselected it on
> installation. (Is there some way I could confirm this?) In any case,

Hm I reread the thread (ahem.. a bit more properly) and it seems your
files are delivered fine by the server and the problem is indeed clientside.

You never actually described that I saw what "didn't work" actually
looks like on the client, but in the example that failed the only
difference is in case, where the one that worked has other characters
different.

What may be happening is that the clientside browser cache system is
case insensitive?  Therefore one pic craps on another in the browser cache?

-Andy