Fedora 4 installation via floppy

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:43:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 03:42, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > I think that this is because most people (i.e. other than those that
> > need to look after legacy systems without USB) now use a USB stick for
> > that purpose since it's faster and generally more reliable than
> > floppies.
>
> You may be right. But a stick wears out, and costs a lot more.

Watch for closeouts/rebates on the older small ones.  Also,
if you have a USB adapter for compact flash or SD cards you
can use an old card from a camera that you've replaced with
something larger.  It really is faster and easier to NFS
export the iso images and boot from USB instead of
having to burn and swap CDs or use floppies (even if they
worked).

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com